Within These Halls

Within These Halls

Thursday, September 1, 2011

ready for SEPTEMBER!

around the hall house, we are eager for september to begin (happy september 1st!). these past two weeks have been eventful to say the least. 3 doctor visits, 1 ER visit and 2 breathing treatments....all in 10 days. lawton had a bad week last week with a fever and gasping (previous ER post), got better and then started this monday off with a slight cold, that turned into wheezing and constant coughing wednesday. we have had this before july 4th weekend at the lake and went to urgent care where they gave him his first breathing treatment. so, we went to the dr yesterday, they heard wheezing and we and gave him a treatment. and i say WE because, the nurse walked in, turned it on and i had to hold Lawton down arms by his side, feet in between my legs, screaming his head off for 10 minutes. he was soaking wet after because he was sweating so much from crying, fighting, flailing, etc. i was trying so hard not to cry because i already unloaded on the doctor earlier - thank goodness she is my age and understood how tired and scared i was!

we now officially own one of these:

we are required to do this every 4-6 hours over the next few days. we are not allowed to go out of town like we had planned, and we are to stay close to our doctors here, just in case this flairs up again.
i have so many questions.... does he have asthma? we can't tell for a few years. why does this happen? we don't know, some kids' sicknesses goes to their lungs. did i make the right decision to keep going to the doctor? of course, you can't mess with breathing, bring him back whenever you feel the need.

time will tell.....

here is to a wonderful weekend with my husband and son and everyone getting well!!!

2 comments:

  1. You know, I have had asthma all my life. My parents used to freak out when I would have a full on asthma attack in the middle of the night! I would suggest journaling and seeing what trends you find...Is he eating something he is allergic to? Is it seasonal allergies? I am 30 now, and STILL get wheezy - but attacks stopped after elementary school... I too own a nebulizer, and sometimes I still use it :) Christian says it is like smoking a hooka!
    Good luck! Asthmas sucks! He's a cutie - happens to the best of us ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke! I had no idea! Have just caught up on all your posts. You poor thing! My heart goes out to the 3 of you, as a sick baby is just awful. I hope little Lawton gets better soon and you guys get some answers. You must be exhausted!!! You made all the right decisions! xo

    ReplyDelete