my name is wyatt. and i have a new lip and new nose and my soft palate is CLOSED.
i am going to do a blog on the hospital as soon as i can, but today wanted to update you all on wyatt.
this picture is take on day 3 post-surgery, doesn't he look great?!
thank you for all the prayers....we were overwhelmed with love from our friends, family, and even strangers...it was a beautiful thing to witness and i will never forget it as long as i live.
wyatt is doing well, moaning a lot, on pain meds and just not himself. he tries to smile, but can't really widen his mouth because of the pain, BUT, he tries, sweet, strong thing.
let's get real for a second. this is hard. i need to remember this so, here goes:
-he is on an antibiotic that we give him 4 times a day
-we have to clean his stitches 3 times a day which involves one person holding his arms, legs and head while the other cleans. torture. don't know how i will do it tomorrow when jack is at work.
-he gets pain killers whenever he needs, but they back him up, so he needs suppositories.
-he gets a throat spray 3 times a day, 5 sprays each.
-he gets ear drops 2 times a day
-saline spray up the good nostril 3 times a day
-zantac 2 times a day
-advil every 6 hours
-we can't get water anywhere near his ears or over the tape, therefore, no bathing with lawton
-i can't kiss his lips or anywhere near his nose which is TORTURE for a mother, esp me. i kiss him ALL DAY.
-he can't bury his little head in my should like he did all the time because he will hurt his nose
-he can't put anything, even fingers in his mouth. he was very oral before. everything went in his mouth
-he can't rub his nose in the mattress, which means he is sleeping with me. jack is on the couch. i have gotten a total of 9 hours of sleep since tuesday.
-he ate very well in the hospital, but he had a "block" in, so he couldn't feel much. today, i had to feed him with a syringe to get milk in him.
- he has to wear both tubes in his nose for 4 MONTHS.
-lawton looks at him like he is so sick. almost scared of him. breaks my heart.
BUT, he is still wyatt. i am ready for the life to come back into his eyes, i miss it. he is such a trooper and is doing as best as he can, as are jack and i, but it's hard.
thank you to my friends who have called, texted, asked to pick up things, you name it. sorry i can't get back to everyone, it will be a while. i hardly had time to do this post.
it WILL get better. i know that, just need to stay strong.
thank you for the encouragement as well, i don't cry in front of wyatt, but believe me, the tears are a flowin.
i hate seeing my child in pain. my chest aches constantly.
gotta run, hospital details soon.
xo
You are such a strong mommy!! He looks fantastic and I'm so glad you were able to squeeze out this post among all that you are going through because I've been thinking about you guys all weekend and wondering how he did. He looks amazing! Hang in there!! You WILL get through this!
ReplyDeleteYou don't know me I found your blog from Natalie but you are the strongest woman ever! I was thinking about your sweet baby his weekend and hoping you would update. I will continue sending prayers and speedy recovery vibes your way!!
ReplyDeleteI haven't commented before, but I have prayed for Wyatt. I am so glad that the surgery went well. He is so beautiful and sounds like such a spirited little guy. I pray for a healthy, quick recovery so you can go back to kissing those sweet little lips.
ReplyDeleteYou don't know me either but wanted to say I'm so glad it went well for him. Wyatt is so adorable. Also you are a really, really great Mom.
ReplyDeleteBrooke, I've been thinking about you guys and praying for you relentlessly. You are doing an amazing job and Wyatt is such a trooper. I'm in awe of that little guy! His new smile is beautiful. I just balled when you said you can't kiss him. That would be so hard for me. If you need anything at all...errands run, lunch dropped by...anything...please let me know. I would love to help if I can. Hugs to you and your boys!
ReplyDelete