Within These Halls

Within These Halls

Thursday, March 22, 2012

3 days

today will be day 3 of a life change. i am getting stronger and starting to talk to friends, cry with them, and listen to their encouraging words. i have always known that i am lucky. BUT, i am overwhelmed with the love, the emails, the constant calls, the texts, the information that people give us to want to help. that is the main reason i have been crying this week. i am truly touched and so grateful for my family and friends.


when i was going through "something" about a year ago, which i can't even remember now because it was probably so slight, my mom gave me a book called "Jesus Calling". i have recommended it to so many people because it really speaks to me.


this morning when i woke up, this was today. i wanted to share and show how it has already made my outlook on today positive one.


I am a God of both intricate detail and overflowing abundance. When you entrust the details of your like to Me, you are surprised by how thoroughly i answer your petitions. I take pleasure n hearing your prayers, so feel free to bring Me all your requests. The more you pray, the more answers you can receive. Best of all, your faith is strengthened as you see how precisely i respond to your specific prayers.

Because I am infinite in all my ways, you need not fear that I will run out of resources. Abundance is at the heart of who I am. Come to me in joyful expectation of receiving all you need-and sometimes much more! I delight in showering blessings on my beloved children. Come to me with open hands and heart and ready to receive all I have for you.

Psalm 36:7-9; Psalm 132-15; John 6:12-13


this blog is going to be a wonderful outlet for me and also so that lawton and wyatt can see what is going on in our life at such a young age that they will not remember. Wyatt is so loved and has so many people praying for him that I know everything will work out as it should. I am confident that he will be as healthy as ever. believe me, that is all i am praying for.


update: yesterday jack and i had the pleasure of talking directly to the founder of Operation Smile. He gave us a great deal of information and is going to take the time to look at our sonogram pictures himself. He is a friend of Jack's uncle and lives in VA. we also talked more with my OB doctor who happens to be a family friend, and he gave us some more information as well since i can hardly remember anything about monday. i have also talked with a friend of many friends of mine that has a son with a cleft lip. she is going to be a lot of help and i appreciate her taking the time to call and talk to me tuesday morning when i was in shambles. she is going to give me a few numbers of women who have kids with lip and pallet, etc because we aren't sure what we are dealing with yet.

knowledge is power right?

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you, Brooke! PS We were sooo close to naming Logan, Wyatt, PS Joaquin Phoenix is hot, especially with his cleft lip scar! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jesus Calling and other daily devotionals help me so much. I swear sometimes I feel like the daily passage has been written for exactly what is going through my mind at that moment. Love you girl! xoxo

    ReplyDelete