Within These Halls

Within These Halls

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

HEEEEEELLLLPPPP!!!

this is how my 4 - almost 5 year old is sleeping...everynight.
on a dog bed by the door, with a blanket.
WTH.
we are having major sleep issues with Lawton.
major.
I told him i wasn't laying with him anymore until he fell asleep because he would wake up like the exorcist screaming for me.
we even moved his beds all across the room, so that one is up against the wall and "safe" and comfy.
that didn't work.
he wants us to "check on him" at least 3 times or he freaks out.
so, here is how the night goes:
we read to him and he is in his bed.
we say goodnight and leave.
he moves to the floor and plays until jack checks on him about 30 minutes later.
then, we tell him to go to sleep and he freaks about us checking on him another time.
jack does and most of the time he is asleep, sometimes, up still playing at 10 to wait for the check up.
this is getting old. REAL OLD.
tonight jack is out of town for 2 nights and this mama isn't checking on him but once.
he hasn't tried to sleep with us, which is good and progress and he hasn't freaked out in the middle of the night in the past week, which again, is progress. BUT. i am having to give him "prizes" everyday for sleeping through the night.
help??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!
I read a book that said let them cry it out - it will take 2 weeks at this age but it will work. NOT FOR US and it was making us so crazy at 2am with him acting like a child that is not ours....a crazy crazy kid. it was actually pretty scary at times.
I am at the end of my rope. I don't know what to do.
I know he won't sleep on the dog bed forever, but I don't know how to help him....
his aunt sent him 2 great books about sleeping in his own bed, but he isn't fazed. he isn't fazed by us taking toys or privileges away, he just doesn't care.
I am at a loss for what to do and I am TIRED.

No comments:

Post a Comment