this little patient guy seems to take the back burner a lot....
I want to remember what this sweet guy is like, so I am going to document it and not let it slip my mind!
we went to the dr for his 4 month appointment (6 weeks later) and he is in the 95% for all things. the dr predicted that he would be around 6'1 from the way his charts have looked over the years. 6'1?! i can't believe one day I will be looking up to this handsome face!
Lawton, here is a little bit about you at the age of 4:
- you are sensitive. you don't like it when i am hurt in the least or when someone says something negative about you. (one sitter told me you were rude to her, and you mention it all the time bc it hurt your feeling so much)
- you are kind. you have a kind heart and are just a nice child.
- you are possessive over your toys and I have to remind you constantly to share with your brother
- you weigh 45 pounds and are 44 inches tall. you were a 5t all around!
- you want to help me put wyatt to bed everynight
- you make me lay with you until you fall asleep...every night....even the sitters ;)
- you get notes home at least once a week from school saying how good you are at this or that - they are all up on our cork board in the kitchen ;) i am very proud of your manners!
- you are starting to become pretty whiny.....I can't even talk to you when you are in that voice!
- you know more words to songs than I do and sing along in the back
- you are addicted to candy like your mother. you ask me for candy as soon as you are done with breakfast! (the answer is no btw)
- you dress yourself, take your plate, clean your room and playroom and brush your teeth all my yourself everyday
- you are so funny! I asked you where you wanted to go to dinner the other night and you said kennedys...I then said, nah, I don't really want to go there and you said "why mommy? they have salads, water and coke zero. just like you like!" say whaaaat? who are you???
- you demand a kiss and a hug from both your daddy and myself everyday before we leave you at anytime or for any length of time
- you rarely have ever had an accident in your bed at night. i think I can count two times since you were potty trained a year ago and never wore a pull up
- you are very into ninja turtles, but still play with your cars and superheroes a lot
- you wake up everyday around 6 or 6:30 and quietly play in your room until I come down to get you.
- your best friend is gavin from school and your girlfriend is berkley
- you are starting soccer this week - daddy is your coach! and you are currently taking swimming lessons once a week for 10 weeks.
- at night, lately instead of books, you want to talk. asking me or daddy question after question
- you are good at hitting the ball and have a great left and right handed throw
- you have a big ole appetite right now - growing boy!
- you love to play pranks on us at home and joke around
- you are sensitive....if wyatt hits you or takes something from you, you get angry, then upset. and then you talk about it....for a while.
- you are always ready to call the police on anyone that you think is speeding by us
- you love going to the playground and riding your bike (you are in an adult helmet ;))
- you are having trouble recognizing your numbers, but we are having fun working on it! after some advice from my mom when I was about to lose it - I am not a teacher people!
these are only a few things about you that are on the top of my head -- you are a wonderful little boy and you tell me all the time that i am the best mommy ever....which I know is not true, but if I am in your eyes, that is all I need. on days where you boys are hard, whiny, you are ordering me around left and right - that makes everything better. it makes me feel like i am doing okay, even if you may have gotten in trouble that day, I am may feel guilty for being too tired to play ninja turtles with you;) you are a blessing. a patient little boy. thank you for being you. thank you for taking a back seat to wyatt these past 2 years. I made you become very independent and sometimes I am not sure that it was fair to you. no, I know it wasn't fair to you....but you adapted and you didn't give me too hard of a time. this all will benefit you in the end I tell myself. having your brother has made you a better little boy. a boy who waits, who gets buckled in last, who gets dinner second because W is so demanding and impatient. I enjoy our mornings when it is just you and I. I enjoy going on dates occasionally with you because it is just you and I. you are my first little love and will always be the one I will look to to be an example for your crazy brother ;) you will be the one he will look to for advice and comfort when you are growing up and I know that you will be the best little boy to do that for him. you two may throw a few punches at each other, but I guess that is what brothers do ;) stand by him. I know he looks to you in admiration. being a big brother is hard sometimes, but you are stuck my friend! ;)
i love you Lawton knox hall!
Well this is just the sweetest!! I swear I'm tearing up at work. I just wanted to say a few things about Law dog since I finally got a chance to meet him.
ReplyDeleteLawton, Ngo and I had the BEST time ever with you and your family. I love the Halls, but I'm going to only speak about you, because its your moment.
-You are such a cool dude! The fact that you took the time to explain and correct me on all of the Ninja Turtles names, weapons, etc...meant the world. Also, you showed me all of your cars and it turns out that I like all of the bad guys, whoops!
- Because of you, blue sharks are now one of my favorite candies. I buy them all the time in New York.
- Ngo said you throw a great punch and you are a fast learner.You waited so patiently for him all day.
- Your manners are better than most people my age, and that is a fact!
- Your mom is your main squeeze! I love that you wanted to hang out and talk with us while we cooked. Thank you for that!
- I'm a little mad that you picked Ngo over me to read you a bedtime story, but since you're going to be be 6ft1, I'll let it go;-)
- I will never forget how you teared up when we had to say goodbye to you at the airport. You were genuinely sad to see us go and gave us the biggest hugs.
I love you! You are such a light:-) We will visit you again soon. xoxo
I LOVE this post and I am currently trying to type through tears so I cannot think clearly enough to write such nice things like Kindra but I have to agree - you are a cool little dude and I am so happy you and Van are such good friends. Love you too LKH.
ReplyDeleteAwesome post. I miss you all.
ReplyDelete